Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

..future

Wow. To be perfectly honest, that is the longest it has ever taken me to read a book in my entire life. I really enjoyed it though. (if you haven't read The Host by Stephenie Meyer, you should)It was a really great read... with a great romance. I love those.

With the end of the summer coming - faster than we'd all like to realize - I'm coming to grips with the fact that my adult life, full of responsibility and choices, is about to start and I'm truly terrified. I'm realizing that I'm not ready to make big life-changing decisions or choose where I want to go to college. I'm not ready for the rest of my life because right now, in this moment, I'm currently living life the best way I know how. I'm taking in my last summer before I graduate high school. I'm taking advantage of the fact that I can be crazy, reckless, and make a stupid choice once in a while... before I have to take responsibility and make decisions on how I will live the rest of my life. The future is a scary thing, and what is even more terrifying is what the future holds. I'm a firm believer in the plan and that every decision or choice I make has a negative or a positive consequence. I consider myself a mature 17-year-old. Someone who, more times than not, makes the right choice. But with every day that passes by and every decision I have to make about my future, even the little ones, I feel like hiding deeper and deeper in my own little world where I'm content with the direction - or lack thereof - that my life is headed. I'm content with how this summer has gone up until now. I guess we'll just see what happens next.

 

oh, and one more thing:

Live the rest of your summer to the best of your ability.
No. Regrets. 

..life's a tea party
xoxo
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment